One girl. One college. Three thousand guys. This blog is a blow-by-blow [yes, that was a dirty pun] account of the social (and usually sexual) misadventures of a commitment-phobic and ironically promiscuous virgin.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

um, awkward?

Okay, another teaching assistant sitting around the cafe decided that I would be a fun weekend venture or something of the sort. We'll call this guy Mash, for his support of the military. He was in special operations for five years, so he's got a lot of reasons to support the military.

It started out innocently enough, there was no one really around since it is the day before Thanksgiving, and I was working. I didn't have much to do so when he ordered he struck up a conversation. We talked about uninformed political opinion, my apathy towards the military and politics, and my own general lack of information about everything that is important to someone who has spent five years working in special operations. Strangely enough, it wasn't a one-sided conversation, as I explained to him that so many undergraduates are propents of causes they don't completely understand.

Anyway, long story short, we talked for about forty-five minutes, which was interesting. He was cute, but not my taste, his hair was buzzed short and his eyebrows were kind of thick, and I wasn't really into the whole post-military thing. Later he asked me to friend him on facebook (he was afraid he wouldn't get my name right), and then a few minutes later asked if I would be interested in getting together later.

I guess this really is the only time in my life that older men are going to be so easy to come by. Maybe I should enjoy it. Maybe I should at least try and get a few free dinners out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home