One girl. One college. Three thousand guys. This blog is a blow-by-blow [yes, that was a dirty pun] account of the social (and usually sexual) misadventures of a commitment-phobic and ironically promiscuous virgin.

Monday, December 04, 2006

wow. just wow.

Okay, so I started today still basking in the afterglow of my Saturday night. Who knew things could possibly get better? Yes, oh, yes they did.


First things first, guess who has a coffee date with a sexy cafe-frequenting-twenty-eight year old Chilean? This girl. That's right, my Cafe Guy came into day, after a three week hiatus, and this time he actually made plans to have coffee with me tomorrow!! I was in shock when he left and I literally could not speak for about three minutes, when I was able to finally start uttering the words "oh my God," over and over. It was honestly such a surprise to see him that I would have been happy enough had he just come in and made some flirtatious small talk. I was considering sending him a facebook message last week, but kept forgetting and putting it off. Lo and behold, he came in today and actually asked me to go to coffee with him. I think it's funny that he asked a girl in a coffee shop to coffee, but whatever, conveneince trumps orginality. Ah!!! Okay, I am so excited about this I can't even think about it.

Then to make my day even better, I finally got the indepth scoop on Nik from Austin. So Austin confirmed that Nik is into me, and to quote: "really, really, likes hanging out" with me, but Austin also said that he moves REALLY slowly. Apparently it took him SEVEN MONTHS to hook up with the Ex. The bad news is, Austin also thinks that there is still something going on between him and the Ex. Austin said that they both claim absolutely nothing is happening, but the amount of time they spend hanging out and the fact that they're planning a trip to Iceland together over an upcoming break is pretty suspect. I'm actually okay with just knowing that. I feel good enough knowing that it wasn't entirely in my head, and it's not a one-sided crush situation. I didn't ask Austin about the formal, but now I am assuming that Nik is definitely going with the Ex. Austin said that he would set up some mutual hanging out, because its just not in Nik's character to initate things. Oh, and I can't remember if I mentioned this in an earlier post, but Nik also has mono, which would make any sort of hanging out (let alone hooking up) tough even if he were more forward. Austin was actually really surprised to find out that Nik had even admitted having a crush on me that night, which he said was really fast and forward for Nik to move with anything. I'm sure the bigger roadblock is the Ex, especially since that's where he got the mono, but once again I don't really mind if he's still working things out with her now that I know it's not stopping him from trying to start things with me.

In other words, I am very content with the way things have turned around after three or four weeks of feeling kind of blah about my boy situation. After this weekend I am physically satisfied - even if I am short one pair of shoes (Italia took them back to his dorm... long story, it's not nearly as weird as it sounds. Okay, maybe it is), and more importantly, I am happy about guys that I can actually see something happening with. I don't know how things with Nik will turn out, or even if I have the patience to wait and see where it goes, but Austin assured me that I shouldn't put things with other people on hold. I like the idea of letting things develop slowly with Nik and continuing with other persuits; in a certain way, it feels like I get to have my cake and eat it too. Just knowing that he's interested is enough, I don't have to agonize over whether or not I just imagined everything.

Anyway, I should probably start that paper due tomorrow, but to be completely honest, I am probably going to giggle and facebook stalk Cafe Guy and Nik until my little heart's content.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe since you are in the pursuit of numerous boys-- its a good time to lay low on the nick thing and let him figure out his ex situation

12:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home